You will find information on Basic Kava Preparation here but Kava Recipes make the drinking of Kava more enjoyable. Our motto is “I want to Sip my Kava and enjoy it. I’m tired of TWP (Toss it down, Wash Your mouth, Pray it stays down”. Lol. Here are some recipes that “help the medicine go down”.
Kava Recipe Theory
After weeks of testing different ingredients, we finally came up with one main theme that seems to work. You want to replace the bitter taste you don’t like (Kava) with a bitter taste that you do like (Lime, Lemon, etc). The majority of the recipes use Micronized or Instant Kava. We have to admit that we are totally spoiled on both the convenience, the negligible taste, and the potency of both. Let me add that these recipes work fine with kava from any vendor selling Noble Kava. Remember, always stir your Kava Kocktail with a spoon because Kava does sink to the bottom. Also, the word Grog stands for Kava Tea prepared the tradicional way. Please check out this link for a recipe for Micronized Kava Syrup that can be added to your Kocktails in lieu of instant or micronized Kava.
Kava Recipe Summary
- KavaBerry. The small amount of fruit in this Kava Kocktail help it retain its pretty strawberry color. This is a great sipper by the pool on a hot summer day. Check out this chiller ….
- Kava Colada. Imagine sitting by the beach with a Large Frosty Ice Filled Pina Colada. Now imagine how relaxing it would be if that drink were filled with Kava, and not Alcohol. Read on …..
- Antioxidant Intoxicant. How about a tall frosty drink made with Pomegrante Juice. Tastes good and is good for you. Here is the recipe …
- Orange Pineapple Mango Kava Smoothie. Make this smoothie at work for lunch and your office mates will be wondering why you are grinning like a cheshire cat. Check this out ...
- Chocolate Kava Soda. When I was a child, I used to go to the local drugstore and order a Chocolate Soda. Simple ingredients and so very good. Here it is Chocolate lovers ….
- Low Cal, High Ball. I wanted a Kava Kocktail that wouldn’t put on the pounds. A little Club Soda with Lemon hits the spot. Here ya go Calorie Counters ….
- Kava Kool-Aid. As a child I used to love Grape Lemon Coolaid. Here is a very inexpensive recipe that brings this timeless combination together again. Chill with this …
Kava Recipe Preparation
Orange, Pineapple, Mango Kava Smoothie
A Nutritious and Relaxing Kava Recipe that is a Smoothie. A great High Fiber Lunch.
1 Small Orange. No peel. Keep the Seeds.
1 cup of Mango. (about half of a big mango or 1 small mango)
1 cup of Pineapple or 2 big slices (no core)
1 Tablespoon of Greek Yogurt.
1 cup of water with 2.5 tabs of Micronized from GHK
Put Water and Micronized in the Blender and blend for 10 seconds.
Add the Oranges and blend
Slowly add the Mango, Pineapple and Yogurt and blend.
Yield was about 20 oz. and you can save the lefovers.
High and Low Kava Highball
I can’t drink Chocolate Sodas every day so I came up with this everyday Low Calorie Kava Kocktail. Try this Kava Recipe.
.75 Tabs of MicronizedHonokane Iki Kava (high Kavain)
.75 Tabs of Micronized Mapulehu Kava (low Sedating)
Small bottle of Club Soda
1/2 Lemon or Lime
Add Kava to about 3 oz of club soda and mix it up good.
Add Ice to the Glass.
Squeeze the Lemon/Lime Juice into the Glass.
Slowly Fill with ice cold club soda.
Stir as you drink.
This is a sipping drink and it is very refreshing!
Kava Recipe for Mokka Kava Kaffee (Using Grog)
I love my morning coffee and I love a good iced coffee in the afternoon. This recipe insures that you will sleep well even if you have coffee in the afternoon. A few words of caution. Use a high Kavain Hawiian Kava, not a sedating one. Sip it slowly and listen to your body to make sure you can handle the two. I love the combo but I know people who get Heart Palpitations from caffein so go slow and listen to your body.
About 6 oz. of Kava Tea prepared the Tradicional way (Grog)
Make extra coffee in the morning, about 3 to 4 oz. I used Hawaii Mokka (get it?)
Condensed Milk (Tablespoon)
Sugar Syrup (Google it, just water and sugar) and it is Optional
Put the Leftover Coffee in a small Pan with 1 tablespoon of Cocoa Powder and stir
Add one Table Spoon of Condensed Milk
Heat on low until Mixed and save for the afternoon.
Add 6 oz. of prepared Kava Tea to your Coffee Mix.
Add Sugar Syrup to Taste (the condensed milk is already sweet)
Add Ice and enjoy.
This drink is a very nice pick me up. I like Kavain Kava and Coffee but sip slowy to make sure you can handle the two. One of the few times when I can sleep after having coffee in the afternoon.
This Kava Recipe reminds me of the old Grape Lemon Coolaid I used to drink as a child. The ingredients are inexpensive and the drink is very tasty.
4 oz. of water
2 tablespoons of Concentrated Frozen Grape Juice
3 tabs of Instant Kava
4-6 oz of Ginger Ale (small bottle)
1/2 lime or lemon
Add the Instant Kava in the water and mix well.
Add 2 tabs Frozen Grape Concentrate and Stir.
Add juice of the lime/lemon
Pour Ginger Ale till to the top.
You can take 6 oz. of Grog, add the Grape Extract,the lime, and 4/5 ice cubes. This Kava Recipe tastes better good for Kava tea .